Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Visitors

It's been a busy couple of days since I've written last. Kim and Adina finished their 2 week backpacking adventure here in in Berlin and (as always), we had a fabulous time together. It was bittersweet to have a part of home here with me, and I was sad to see them go (but did not envy their 4:45 wakeup this am to catch a cab!)...


It was a busy day since, as I went into my classroom for the first time today for a few hours. I forgot I actually had to work here, seeing the amount of beer, recreation and visitors I've had so far in the short 19 days since arrival... I met one of my two team mates today, and she is phenomenal! She has taught all over the world and I am looking forward to listening to her stories (she has just completed a year in India, couldn't stay as a professsional b/c she was considered a "middle woman," (in transition of married to divorce), and legally had to leave the country!)...

If my mom hasn't already spread the word to you, yes, I have an itty bitty diamond in my right nostril. After all the time I spent fixing it up in June, I figured, why not add a little bling, right?

My best to you and lots of love!
kate xo

1 comment:

Jeff Z. said...

Nose jewelry huh??? Well I have to ask, when sneezing or blowing nose do you have to hold the diamond so it doesn't shoot out and kill someone????? :P