Sunday, September 14, 2008

Still Going Strong...

It's been awhile since I've been able to find time to sit and write about all that is happening. School is off to a strong start... I had my first "pee in the pants" incident, although this kid didn't pee in his pants! He peed on his shirt only... tell me now, how does one arrange for that to happen?

All except 4 of my students are English as a Second (or third or fourth) language learners. Some don't understand a lick of what I'm saying, and others only do. It's an interesting balance for me to try and keep... I rotate from labeling items in the classroom ("door, desk, chair...") to "What is 426 times 245?" Needless to say, I'm pretty tired when I finally walk through my door at night. :)

Went to a futbol match yesterday at the famous Olympia-Stadium (see pics)... we tied 2-2... it was a great game. It was cold, so we got milchkaffes, Nutella crepes (omg... unbelievable!), and attempted to chant along with the rest of the futbol fanners... The Germans are nuts when it comes to their game. It was a definite cultural experience I will be attending again! The men there aren't disappointing, either!

We also went to the Berlin Zoo and saw the famous polar bear, Knut. He's soo cute and all of the animals are very cool to see. Addy and Izzy thought it was cool to see the leopard babies, I preferred the tigers!

I've been running regularly with Felice around a lake in Zehlendorf... nice to get out of the city runs 2x week... The lake is calm, surrounded by green, and relaxing. Perfect aftera day of kids peeing on their shirt!

Nikki and Ellen are due to arrive next Saturday for 2 weeks. They are travelling all around Germany, and of course will spend a few days here in Berlin with me. I am ecstatic to see them and show them around! We are looking into Milan, Italy for our 3 day break in October b/c we can travel round trip for 18 Euro! I have also booked Moldova for 6 days over our week holiday in October to visit Drew... this is very exciting and we are both looking forward to being in common company... He just celebrated his one-year anniversary of being overseas... Congrats, Drew!

Everything is else is going well. We are happy, healthy and comfortable here... not much else to ask for! :) Hope you are all doing well and this finds you prepping for the beautiful Fall weather I have been waiting for (can't wait to wear jackets!)...

much love,
tschuss,
kate xo

No comments: