Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
(John Muir)
(John Muir)
...And the fun continues! Skiing the Alps over Feb Break was somewhat of a life changing experience. We were in Baad, Austria with Outward Bound snowshoeing, sleeping in a hut, and skiing. It is hands down, one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The rugged mountains, delicate snowflakes, and unforgiving passes only seize to amaze even the most seasoned of travelers. I had a moment apart from the group where I stood on the peak, overlooking snow-topped mountains for miles. I stood there, wondering how so much beauty can be created and I, of all people, am lucky enough to not only witness it, but use it! With my skis on, and my jacket zipped, I prayed. That's it! I prayed. I prayed for Alex first... knowing that the One in charge of all of this can most certainly take a bite out of the big C...
I was in a different place when I returned. Feeling refreshed and ready for the second half of our school year, I figured out that I need to be in a place where the outdoors are the attraction. I'm thinking oceans or mountains next... we'll have to wait and see what doors are opened.
We celebrated my birthday last week at the Irish Pub near our place. We are heading out tonight to Julep's NY Bar with 20 of my friends and colleagues. It will be fun to be with everyone together.
Kathryn bought me round trip to Madrid over a the weekend on June 12. Not only was this very thoughtful, but so generous as well! I am very excited, as only May does not have any definite travel plans yet.
Lizzy is coming at the end of this month, and April is Aunt Laura and Uncle Mike! I am SO EXCITED to see them and show them around my new "town!"
Hope all is well at home.
All the best,
kate xo


No comments:
Post a Comment